The Video Bridge service provides functionality to allow three or more video conferencing endpoints to be joined together in a common conference.
- H.323 endpoint protocol
- H.239 data sharing
- 768 Kbps at 30 frames per second
- Multiple conference modes
- Dial-in and Dial-out connection
- ISDN connections (fees apply)
- Voice only add-on
- On-Demand Video Bridge
- On-Demand video bridge conferencing offers freedom of scheduling for impromptu meetings by providing conferee-initiated access to the Penn State Video Bridge. On-Demand offers the freedom to connect three or more videoconference rooms or desktop videoconference systems on an as-needed basis without the need for making formal reservations.
- The Penn State Video Bridge is available for Penn State related purposes only.
- At least one participant in the videoconference must be a Penn State faculty or staff member or a student.
- In the case of a non-Penn State groups renting a Penn State videoconference room, the non-Penn State group will need to reserve an external bridge.
- Systems planning to use the Penn State Video Bridge ITS Scheduled Service must go through the Videoconference System Registration and testing process before they can use the Bridge.
- TNS retains the right to deny the use of the Bridge to any videoconference system that does not meet our technical requirements determined during the testing process.
- The Penn State Video Bridge is a common good service and is provided at no charge to the customer. However, if ISDN connections are used, the customer will be charged for usage.
The Penn State Video Bridge has two dial direction options available - dial-in or dial-out. The dial direction can be set on a per-site basis. The standard dial direction for ISDN-based calls is to have all sites dial-in to the Penn State Video Bridge. Dial-out for ISDN-based calls will only be granted based on:
- The far-end is not able [technically] to dial-out.
- Technical problems with the Penn State Video Bridge or network.
- Approval by the Video Systems Senior Network Coordinator.
Penn State Video Bridge customers which require the ISDN dial-out option will be charged on a per-site line usage. The hourly rate is $16/per channel line usage.
Usage Rates - Dial Out
|Number of Channels
||Rate Per Hour
- Reserve Bridge
- Schedule endpoints
- Connect to bridge from endpoints at conference time