The Video Bridge service provides functionality to allow three or more video conferencing endpoints to be joined together in a common conference.
- H.323 endpoint protocol
- H.239 data sharing
- 768 Kbps at 30 frames per second
- Dial-in and Dial-out connection
- Voice only add-on
- On-Demand Video Bridge
- On-Demand video bridge conferencing offers freedom of scheduling for impromptu meetings by providing conferee-initiated access to the Penn State Video Bridge. On-Demand offers the freedom to connect three or more videoconference rooms or desktop videoconference systems on an as-needed basis without the need for making formal reservations.
- The Penn State Video Bridge is available for Penn State related purposes only.
- At least one participant in the videoconference must be a Penn State faculty or staff member or a student.
- In the case of a non-Penn State groups renting a Penn State videoconference room, the non-Penn State group will need to reserve an external bridge.
- Systems planning to use the Penn State Video Bridge ITS Scheduled Service must go through the Videoconference System Registration and testing process before they can use the Bridge.
- TNS retains the right to deny the use of the Bridge to any videoconference system that does not meet our technical requirements determined during the testing process.
- The Penn State Video Bridge is a common good service and is provided at no charge to the customer.
The Penn State Video Bridge has two dial direction options available - dial-in or dial-out. The dial direction can be set on a per-site basis.
- Reserve Bridge
- Schedule endpoints
- Connect to bridge from endpoints at conference time